Sunday 5 August 2012

Ginger tea with lemon and honey


Ginger tea can be purchased in all Asian grocery stores and some supermarkets. I use the tea bags because I'm lazy but the loose ginger tea or shaved / grated / juiced pieces of ginger are even better for you.

I place my bag of ginger tea in the cup and fill to an inch below the rim of the cup / mug and let it steep. Three minutes is good but often I just leave the bag in.

Then I juice a quarter of a large or half a small lemon and then use my thumb to dislodge the lemon flesh and put it into the cup.

We have a great produce market every Sunday do our honey is straight from a bee farm and unprocessed. A teaspoon or two should be sweet enough.

Stir well and soup out any lemon seeds. Enjoy hot or cold.

Image by  Anna @ Around My Table














No comments:

Post a Comment