Monday 24 August 2015

A trip to Bayside Antiques and Collectibles Centre for a Teacup with Saucers

Today I decided to visit Bayside Antiques and Collectibles Centre in Bloomfield St, Cleveland QLD in the hopes I could find a nice teacup and saucer set. I love tea cups and tea pots. Every time I go to my aunt Josie's house I look forward to holding a cup of fine bone china and sipping from the delicate lip.

There is so much to see at this store which is made up of different vendors selling their wares in separate 'shops' within the store. There is all manner of antiques and collectibles plus clothing upstairs. A great way to finish a lazy Sunday.



I was in luck. There were at least six sets that I could buy and I found this set for $22.
It is Fine Bone China made in England by Gladstone. The word 'Romance' is above the word "Gladstone' so I think this teacup design is called Romance. I thought it was very sweet.


I bought the trio with thoughts of photo props but I am sure I will use it for having a cup of tea in my garden now and then, and when my aunt visits.


No comments:

Post a Comment