Saturday 12 January 2013

Greek Bouzouki night at Mambo Cafe, Cleveland



One of many hidden gems in Cleveland, QLD is the Mambo Cafe. Located on Bloomfield Street in the Cleveland House arcade. I had been fasting for a blood test and came out of Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology with a craving for coffee and something sweet. My nose directed me inside Mambo Cafe and the amazing coffee aroma. 

I talked to Helen, the owner, and she directed me to some gluten-free almond flour-based greek biscuits and handed me an amazing mocha (coffee with hot chocolate) and I was in love.

Lucky for me I pass by Mambo Cafe on a regular basis and I have returned for more sweet treats. I have also taken friends to meet Helen and experience her amazingly authentic Greek foods including:

  • Antipasto tray
  • Spanakopita
  • Calamari
  • Octopus
  • Parmesen Mushroom
  • Dolmades
  • Lamb Balls
  • Moussaka
  • Souvlaki
  • Stuffed tomatoes

Desserts:
  • Baklava
  • Galaktoboureko
  • Honey Tart

Below are some of the images taken on this amazing night. Please click on the video for the bouzuoki (greek music) experience.


Antipasto plate
Antipasto plate

Moussaka and Dolmades 

Parmesan Mushrooms

Calamari rings

Squid



Zorba the Greek dancing!

 


Mambo Caffe

120 Bloomfield St
Cleveland Queensland 4163
(07) 3821 1166

Mambo Greek Style Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment