Saturday 28 June 2014

Thai Siam: Mud Crab: salt and pepper; ginger and shallot

After seeing a photo of a mud crab on Thai Siam's Facebook page I asked the owner, Anna, if she would let me know when they got more in. I love mud crab and it had been far too long since the last time I had eaten it.

I received a phone call from Anna letting me know that they had mud crab in stock. I made a booking for Saturday night and waited with great anticipation for my mud crab meal.

When Lam came out with the crabs I almost swooned. Look at those huge crabs full of succulent crab meat!



[ Mud crab ]

While we waited we ordered some steamed dim sims


[ Steamed dim sims ]


[ Dipping bowl with tea and lemon slices] 


[ Fresh wet towels and crab claw cracker ]

After a short while our crabs arrive.  They smelled amazing!


[ Mud crab two ways - at front salt & pepper; at back ginger and shallots ]


[ Mud crab cooked with ginger and shallot ]


[ Photo by Anna Luan of Thai Siam ]


The crab meat was as sweet and flavoursome as I had hoped. I had the mud crab cooked fried in salt and pepper; hubby's crab was cooked with ginger and shallots. I tasted a bit of each and I preferred the salt and pepper. I enjoyed every last morsel and had so much fun prying out the flesh.  Hubby loved his crab and said that it was the most delicious since the one he had eaten in Penang. That's high praise from him. 

A delicious meal that we will long savour. 

To view more reviews of the Thai Siam click here.

Thai Siam Restaurant



Thai Siam on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment